Leytonstone School Options Booklet
Option Choice for KS4
In Year 8 you make some important decisions about what you are going to study in Years 9, 10 and 11. It is not a completely free choice as everyone studies some of the same subjects. These subjects are COMPULSORY:
- English and English Literature
- Core PE
However, you will have the opportunity to say which four additional subjects you would like to study in Years 9, 10 and 11. These subjects are called PREFERENCES.
When deciding on your four preferences, it is very important to have a BALANCE of subjects.
Whilst we cannot guarantee students will be awarded first choice in all their options we will do our best to accommodate these as much as possible.
On the form in the option booklet please choose 4 first choice options and 3 reserves. Please ensure that reserves are not already selected as a first choice.
Before making any final decisions it is important to:
- Read this booklet carefully.
- Talk to your teachers and family about what is best for you.
- Choose what you want, not what your friends are doing.
- Choose subjects you think you will enjoy studying for the next three years.