Leytonstone School Options Booklet
Option Choice for KS4
In Year 8 you make some important decisions about what you are going to study in Years 9, 10 and 11. It is not a completely free choice as everyone studies some of the same subjects. These subjects are COMPULSORY:
- English and English Literature
- Core PE
However, you will have the opportunity to say which four additional subjects you would like to study in Years 9, 10 and 11. These subjects are called PREFERENCES.
When deciding on your four preferences, it is very important to have a BALANCE of subjects. To help you do this, the preferences have been arranged into four option groups:
You can only make ONE choice from each of these groups.
You will then be asked to choose two RESERVE preference from each group. Remember, you may not get your first preference choice, so it is very important that you think wisely about your reserve choice.
Before making any final decisions it is important to:
- Read this booklet carefully.
- Talk to your teachers and family about what is best for you.
- Choose what you want, not what your friends are doing.
- Choose subjects you think you will enjoy studying for the next three years.