At Leytonstone, every student is valued and treated as an individual. We set high standards and expectations and we encourage and support our students to achieve their very best.
Leytonstone is a school with great strengths. We are committed to achieving outstanding academic success, as well as providing an excellent standard of pastoral care. We want all students to flourish and grow and achieve excellent results – whatever their starting point.
At Leytonstone we have very high expectations of everyone who is involved with the school – from students to parents and governors. Our aim is to see all students become highly skilled learners, achieving excellent standards and leading fulfilling and exciting lives. We are committed to fostering a learning culture, where students and teachers alike enjoy lessons.
All of our students are important to us and we aim to provide for their individual needs through delivering:
- An intensive learning support programme
- Activities to stretch the More-Able
- A comprehensive pastoral support system
- A rich and varied menu of performance, creative, sport, language and leadership activities
- A personalised support programme for transition to further studying or training.
- A community which works together to ensure all students are inspired and empowered to achieve their full potential
Our goal is to turn our students into independent learners. We encourage students to be creative, imaginative and develop a lifelong love of learning that will not only gain them good grades in exams, but also prepare them for life beyond Leytonstone School.