At Leytonstone we believe that learning should be fun; learning should be exciting and learning should be challenging. We are a learning community in which all pupils, regardless of their starting point, will be challenged and supported to make great progress. Pupils joining us at Leytonstone will be joining a school that our pupils have had an active part in transforming through the exciting work of our School Council, Youth Ambassadors and Pupil Parliament which have helped to shape our curriculum.
The curriculum we offer at Leytonstone is:
• balanced and broadly based
• reflects our commitment to pupils achieving their personal best
• regards learning as an active partnership between school and home
• provides opportunities for regular monitoring and reporting on student progress
• reflects the needs of our culturally diverse, multi-ethnic community
• provides clear progression from Key Stage 2 and between Key Stages 3 and 4
• enables pupils to develop their talents, aspirations, knowledge and skills
• promotes their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
• prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
• includes religious education, citizenship, sex & drugs education and extra curricular activities
• promotes a learning ethos where pupils develop life-long learning skills and a range of personal learning and thinking skills to support them in their future learning and in the world of work
• develops pupils’ ability to work effectively, both independently and in co-operation with others
• reflects our responsibility to secure community cohesion and develop active citizens who are socially responsibility within our school, our local community, our country and our world
• Supports all pupils in making great progress, in order to achieve the very best that they can.
We want our pupils to experience sense of self-worth which comes with achievement. We will support our students in becoming active, inquisitive lifelong learners. Our curriculum is designed to both support and challenge.
Our curriculum will promote progress for all.
Our High expectations will ensure that there is no limit on learning at Leytonstone!